We have 25% of the year left.
There is no need to wait until the near year to resolve to do something.
This is why ⬇
The quarterly (3 month) scale is a perfect timeline. Long enough that you can accomplish something meaningful. Short enough that you can start anew before you lose interest.
And, with one quarter left in the year, now is the perfect time!
Here is the dead-simple 5-step process I use each quarter.
- Start by reviewing your long term goals, or simply think about the person you want to be.
- On an index card, title 4 quadrants:
- Set 2-3 goals for each category, keeping your long term view in mind.
- Set goals that are leading indicators. For example: Don’t write, “get promoted” (a lagging indicator). Instead write, “finish x project, share result with y team; have career development conversation with z person” (leading indicator).
- Snap a picture of your index card + make it your home screen on your phone.
- When do you weekly planning, review your goals to make sure you are moving toward 1 or more of them each week.
I hope this proves useful to you and best of luck as you finish up your year strong.
For extra accountability, send me an email or leave a comment letting me know what you’re working on through the end of the year!
Drop your email in the box below to receive an update when I post my weekly blog.
If you’ve gotten value from this site, there are ways to support – when you are ready.
- Sharing something you read with a few friends is the best way to help.
- I made a few digital products that you might like. You can find them here.