18 months in, no burnout in sight. Here are some daily habits that have kept my fiancé and I on track:
- Have an end of day ritual
- Walk 3 times daily (after waking, after lunch, end of work day)
- Workout ever day (consistency > intensity)
- Have in-person social connections
- Show your mate you love them
- Read. Read a lot
- Avoid most forms of media
- Pull 3 of 3 nutritional levers most work days, 2 of 3 on weekends, and 1 of 3 on vacations.
- Reflect on how lucky you are daily
- Set goals so you create more luck, create weekly plans to stay on track, use systems so you cannot lose
- Spend less than you earn, invest the difference
- Drink seltzer and listen to music that you will sing / dance to every Friday
Yes, it is inspiring. Thanks. How much time for you does it take “read a lot” daily?
On a schedule: about 45-60 minutes in the morning while drinking / coffee & tea, and 10-30 minutes before bed depending on how tired I am. + audio books when meal prepping
Not scheduled: whenever on trains or planes / stuck in a long line.
Are you able to keep a schedule for reading? I like to think of it as daily exercise for the brain 🙂
I have never seen that framework of nutritional levers before. That’s so good. Incredible post Kevin! I love seeing how much of this you can weave back into your already posted content for further reading.
100% agree, I’ve found it super helpful to think about – especially when traveling / on vacation.
Glad you enjoyed the post! Hope you’re doing well Eddie