🌐1️⃣➡ PC boom (read)
🌐2️⃣➡ .com / mobile boom (read, write, produce, share)
🌐3️⃣➡ enabled by the block chain.
As someone who is interested, and certainly a neophyte, here is an oversimplified way I am thinking about web3:
- Web 3 uses block chain technology, which is a digital ledger to track transactions.
- Web 1 / 2 is a web filled with abundance. It is easy to copy, paste, download, etc. Web 3 will begin to introduce scarcity.
- What the hell does fungible mean?
- Fungible = not unique
- Non-fungible = one-of-a-kind (scarce)
- On blockchains (such as ethereum) builders / creators will be able to build applications, products, etc. on the blockchain.
- Because these creations have the opportunity to be capped + non-fungible this will greatly increase the value of digital art due to scarcity. See below image for examples of capped vs uncapped & fungible vs. non-fungible (sourced from Eric Jorgenson’s post on web3)
Not financial advice, one web3 project I’m interested in and will be researching more in the coming weeks is Index Co-op who aspires to be “the vanguard of crypto” as I heard it explained on a podcast.
For more actionable information on a weekly basis, subscribe below 👇🏻
Resources I have found helpful: